You gotta love the Panera Bread Turkey Chili. It is just bursting with flavor and low in calories. After eating this last month at Panera Bread for the first time, I rushed to the grocery store in an attempt to duplicate the recipe. The result was total bliss. This chili is very easy to make and, in my opinion, is a dead ringer for the Panera recipe. I hope you don’t mind, but I have taken the liberty to make this recipe a little healthier. For example, you will find no artery clogging ground meat in this chili. We are only going to use shredded turkey breast. I hope you enjoy the recipe, and if you do, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! This really helps get the word out.
We are very excited to release this recipe. We have put a lot of thought, preparation, and effort in this spot-on copycat recipe. Please enjoy responsibly as we don’t want to put Panera Bread out of business.
- 2 Pounds Grilled Turkey Breast - Shredded
- 2 Med Sweet Onions
- 2 Carrots
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 28 oz Pureed Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Chili Power
- 1-2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 1 16 oz Can of Kidney Beans - Drained and Rinsed
- ½ Cup Corn
- ½ Cup Shelled Edamame
- 1 16 oz Can of Garbanzo Beans - Drained and Rinsed
- 32 oz Vegetable Stock
- Chop onions, celery, and carrots and add to Dutch Oven or Stock Pot.
- Add olive oil and minced garlic and sautee over low-medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 10 mins.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, and Italian seasoning. Sautee another two minutes. Start with the lower amounts and add more according to taste and spice level desired.
- Meanwhile, grill Turkey breast and shred with a fork.
- Add turkey, pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock.
- Stir well and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add beans, corn, and edamame.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and be delighted with your copycat.
Products used in Preparation of this Recipe
Buon Appetito m’amici!