Nothing says summer like a fresh, garden tomato. The only problem is (and its a good problem) that all those darn tomatoes come at once. I am constantly in search of ways to use my tomatoes. Well, I have to thank my mother for this one. Grilled tomatoes are so simple to make, they cook fast, and there is virtually no cleanup. Next time you are cooking some chicken, steak, or even burgers on the grill, be sure to whip up a batch of these tasty tomatoes.
Not only will these taste good, but a grilled tomato makes a healthy side dish. Why not cut down those carbohydrates and increase those yummy vegetables. I promise if you make one of these, you may never bake a potato ever again.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 Basil Leaves
- 1 Sprig Oregano
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 2 Chives
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Aluminum Foil
- Slice of the stem end of the tomato.
- Bore a hole into the tomato and remove the core (about the width of a nickel).
- Finely chop the garlic and herbs.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the garlic and herbs.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Make a "foil boat" to hold the stuffed tomatoes and coat the foil with olive oil.
- Place on top rack and cook along with your meats.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft approx. 5-10 minutes depending on temperature of your grill.
- Remove from foil and top with grated parmesan cheese.
Products Used in Preparation of this Recipe: