Summer time, in my opinion, can be the best time of the year for pasta dishes. This Italian recipe is very easy to make. In addition, if you throw in some fresh ingredients from the garden, you are going to really enjoy this one. Honestly, we created this meal by just using things we had either in the garden or the fridge. We didn’t feel like going to the store, and we knew there wasn’t much to eat at the house. I’m glad that we decided to write down the ingredients because this impromptu meal was both easy to make and delighted the taste buds. It was the perfect meal for a nice summer evening.
This meal is such a great, quick recipe. We will be sure to make this one again in the near future. One last note, a Dry Rose of Pinot Noir would make an excellent wine pairing for this meal.
- ½ Sweet Onion
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 16 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 12 Basil Leaves
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Sprigs Rosemary
- 4 Sprigs Oregano
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1-2 Hot Banana Peppers
- 1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 16 OZ Box of Orecchiette Pasta
- ⅓ Cup Romano Cheese
- Boil water and cook Orecchiette Pasta according to al dente instructions.
- Chop the garlic, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, banana peppers, basil, rosemary, and oregano.
- While the water is boiling, sauté all these items over low heat in olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Saute until all items are soft, approx. 10-15 min.
- Pound chicken breasts flat, coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill chicken and slice.
- Drain the pasta, return to the pasta bowl and add the olive oil mixture.
- Add the grated Romano Cheese and stir.
- Serve in pasta bowls.
Products Used in Preparation of this Recipe: