Who’s ready for summer?? The best part of summer, in my humble opinion, is when you start to harvest those fresh herbs and vegetables from the garden or from the local farmers market. This simple, healthy salad dressing will be certain to add life to any salad. The main ingredients in this tasty dressing are olive oil and lemon juice along with some fresh herbs and seasoning. It is so easy to make that you will wonder why you ever bought mass-produced salad dressing. Next time when you are at the grocery store, take a look at the label of the salad dressing to see the ingredients. Most are going to use low-quality oils and have items like high fructose corn syrup, sugar, or the dreaded MSG. Do yourself a favor and whip up a batch of homemade dressing. You can store in the fridge for a week or so. I don’t know the exact shelf life because mine is long gone well before it spoils!!!
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Basil Leaves
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 1 Sprig Oregano
- 2 Green Onions
- ½ TSP Fresh Ground Pepper
- ¼ TSP Salt
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a salad dressing shaker.
- Finely chop basil, rosemary, oregano, and green onions and add to shaker.
- Press garlic and mince. Use your garlic press. Add to shaker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Screw on lid and shake vigorously for 2 min.
- Chill dressing and shake vigorously before serving.
Products Used In Preparation of this Recipe:
- What Every Kitchen Needs – Garlic Press
- Delicious Zucchini Appetizer
- Easy Italian Bruschetta
- The Best Cutting Board Material
- The Amazing Miracle Thaw