Ok, who’s looking for a good low-calorie soup in order to drop a few pounds before swimsuit season begins? I know I was. This soup is healthy, easy, and very low in calorie. Also, you get all the added vitamins from the cabbage, so it is good for you as well. What’s that you say? A healthy soup can’t taste good. Well, we plan to prove you wrong with that comment. This soup is loaded with flavor. It is so good, that you will hardly believe you are eating smart and healthy. By the way, did I mention that is probably one of the easiest soups you will ever make? So, what are you waiting for? Grab your stock pot and lets get the soup on!!!
- 96 oz. Chicken Stock
- 1 Head Green Cabbage
- ½ Onion
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic - Pressed and minced.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Potatoes - Cubed
- 1 lb Jenny-O Turkey Ham
- ½ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Chop cabbage and onions.
- Add cabbage and onions to a large skillet along with olive oil and garlic.
- Season with fresh ground pepper
- Saute over medium heat until soft.
- Transfer to large stock pot and add chicken stock and cubed potatoes.
- Add Italian seasoning and return to boil.
- Simmer about 45 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Cube ham and add to soup.
- Heat through about 5 minutes.
Products Used in Preparation of this Recipe
- Italian Style Wedding Soup
- Bigos: Polish Hunter’s Stew
- Healthy Ideas for 2013
- Summer Corn Chowder
- The Triplo G Amazon Store