Most people would be intimidated to make this dish at home. However, it is actually a very easy meal to prepare in your own kitchen. You will need a cast iron skillet to make this. Also, if you don’t have a good exhaust fan, then make sure to open the windows as you are going to make a lot of smoke. If you don’t you will probably set of the smoke alarms. You have been warned. Ingredient wise, the most important part you need is a high quality piece of yellowfin tuna. So, why not head on over to the local fish market and give yourself a special treat. Cooking time is only a few minutes. Simple and easy, but this meal is big on taste. NOTE: Make sure to use a good quality teriyaki sauce. I would highly recommend the Award Winning – Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce. See the product link below for more information.
PREP TIME: 2 Minutes
WAIT TIME: 1 hour
COOK TIME: 5 Minutes
- 2 Yellowfin Tuna Steak
- 1/4 Cup Veri Veri Teriyaki
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Brown Rice.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and olive oil, reserve the rest of unused marinade.
- Baste tuna steaks with this mixture and then marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet and spray with olive oil spray. Do you have a Misto Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer?
- Sear the tuna steaks over high heat, it won’t take very long. 1-2 minutes per side. Tip: look at the side of tuna, and you will be able to see how far you are cooking it through.
- Remove from skillet and serve over top of a bed of rice.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the top.
- Served with steamed broccoli.
Products Used in Preparation of This Recipe: