I remember the first time I had jalapeno corn bread. I was driving down a country road when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a BBQ stand. It came out of nowhere. I slammed on my breaks, and pulled off the side of the road. It’s a good thing no one was behind me. I started talking to the southern gentlemen who was running the stand. He was from Alabama, a long way from Pennsylvania. I knew this stuff was going to be good. I ordered a BBQ chicken, ribs, and some baked beans. He told me I needed some jalapeno corn bread with it. Oh my god, was he ever right. I’ve tinkered with this recipe over and over, but I think I finally got it. This bread goes excellent with some fall soup, which coincidentally will be my next recipe. Also, very well for breakfast, a snack, or with a nice bowl of chili. It can also be served as a dessert.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (8.5 oz each)
- 1 Can Cream Corn 14.5 oz
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers Diced
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Eggs, Mix, Corn, Jalapenos, and Red Pepper Flakes in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until mixed, do not over mix.
- Spray an 8 X 11 baking dish with cooking spray. Be sure to use your Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer.
- Add corn bread mixture into dish and level.
- Top with melted butter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until top is brown.