Everyone always wants to stuff bell peppers. But what about the banana pepper?? This is one of my favorite summer time treats. Especially when you are getting peppers out of the garden or from the farmers market. I am a sucker to order these everytime I go out to eat when they are on the menu. Most of the time, you’ll find them as only an appetizer. However, when you make a big batch of them, they are excellent for an entrée.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 15-20 Banana Peppers
- 2/3 lbs of each: Bulk Sausage, Ground Pork, Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup of Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2, 28 oz Cans of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced – Use your stainless steel garlic press.
- Olive oil
- 1 Tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine meats, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper in large bowl and combine.
- Slice peppers and remove stems and seeds. Slice long ways down the middle so peppers can be stuffed.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, saute peppers and brown over high heat.
- Puree tomatoes in blender.
- Spray a large casserole pan with cooking spray. Add a little sauce to the bottom of pan. Add stuffed peppers. Pour in remaining pureed tomatoes.
- Cover and bake 45-60 minutes.
- Serve peppers with grated parmesan cheese.