OH BABY, OH BABY. Who doesn’t love a great steak??? But have you ever cooked one at home? I said a great steak. I’m talking about the kind that you get at one of those famous steakhouses. You know the ones that cost like $60-70 per steak and melt in your mouth. Oh yeah, and the sides there are ala carte too!!!! Well, here’s a recipe that will put a smile on your face. If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate you giving me a “shout out” by hitting the like button. This recipe was inspired after a trip to the Capital Grille; but, of course, I’ve put an Italian twist on it. Total time to eating is less than 1 hour. Oh my god, the steakhouses may go out of business. Buon Appetito!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Wait Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
INGREDIENTS: Italian Crusted Dry Rub
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ground Italian Roast Coffee
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder (Dry)
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Filet Mignon
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 Baking Potatoes
- Butter or Butter Substitute
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Florets Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Combine Dry Rub Ingredients.
- Pat dry steaks and spray with olive oil cooking spray (Are you using a Misto Olive Oil Sprayer?)
- Marinate steaks in fridge for 30 mins
- Grill steaks to desired temperature, I don’t recommend cooking filet beyond medium. If you like them well done, please buy a cheaper cut of meat, lol. Get your grill very hot. A hot grill is key to creating a good crust of spices. The actual cook time will depend on many factors, thickness of steak, temperature of grill, etc. So I can’t give you an exact cook time.
- Rest steaks for 7 minutes after cooking to let juices settle.
- Reduce balsamic vinegar over low heat until approximately half of the liquid is gone.
- Microwave potatoes (C’mon this is easy do you really need help with this?)
- Steam broccoli for approximately 7 minutes. Add italian seasoning to water to help flavor the broccoli.
- Plate steak, potato, and broccoli.
- Drizzle balsamic on steak. Slice potato and add butter and a little grated parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy the best steak you have ever made at home. Smile when you think how much $$$$ you saved by not going to Morton’s or Ruth’s Chris. That’s the smile I promised you earlier.
Serves 2 People, Double for 4 People